Monday, 9 February 2009

Paperwork...

I usually like paperwork as it makes me feel productive, without having to expend much energy. But at the moment it is just making me a little stressed. I decided to finally get on with tackling the overflowing inbox of mail/paperwork that has been accumulating ever since we started the process of moving to NZ. Most of the mail had been opened and urgent stuff (like bills that were due) has already been dealt with. But none of it has been filed and there is a number of things that don't have a deadline that I still need to deal with and get organised (well except for the Queensland College of Teachers registration that was due to be paid by the end of December and I only just rediscovered it and therefore have had to pay and extra $20 late payment penalty).
I have doctors to register with, money to claim back from the tax department, letting the Australian Electoral commission know that we are living overseas now, cashing a cheque from Telstra (yes, I know that's a bit of a surprise), consolidating my 2 Qsuper accounts into one (why pay fees twice to the exact same company), let the tax department know my new bank details (so I can receive Kevin Rudds latest handout). And there is probably more stuff, as I haven't totally diminished the inbox.
I think the thing I don't like as much about this is where the paperwork involves me making a phone call to Australia. When I am paying by the minute for the phone call and then have to wait in phone, it greatly diminishes my motivation to actually make the call.

No comments: